[Asterisk-Users] Newbie - Voicemail Password Help

Java Rockx javarockx at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 30 23:10:39 MST 2004

Hello All.

I'm just beginning with Asterisk and I have it all working now. I'm using
Asterisk 1.0 RC1.

My only question is this; when I check my voice mail the PBX simply says
"password". I wanted to make it say "please enter your voice mail password" so
I am using Background(pls-enter-vm-password).

However now I hear "Please enter your voice mail password password" when I
check my messages.

That's not a type-o. It says "password" twice.

Here is my extensions.conf file.

[macro-vmanswer]

exten => s,1,GotoIf($[${ARG1} = ${CALLERIDNUM}]?2:5)
exten => s,2,Background(pls-enter-vm-password)
exten => s,3,VoicemailMain(${ARG1})
exten => s,4,Hangup
exten => s,5,Voicemail(u${ARG1})
exten => s,6,Hangup

[default]
exten => 1002,1,Macro(vmanswer,1002)

The whole point of the vmanswer macro is to go to the voice mail main menu
automatically when calling from your own phone, otherwise it sends callers to
the voice mail system to leave a message. Perhaps there's a better way to do
this as well. If so, please let me know.

Regards,
Paul