[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk and Citrix

Learning, Bill bill.learning at verso.com
Mon Aug 30 20:43:24 MST 2004

I have recently played with and did get a working copy of Asterisk functioning in the lab environment.

Then when I moved it out of the lab and onto the outside of our firewall it functions as before except that I get a

Connected to Asterisk CVS-08/21/04-12:16:04 currently running on 63 (pid = 1478)
    -- Starting Skinny session from ??.???.114.131 (PIX (6.3) our firewall)
Aug 26 14:48:34 WARNING[1209214400]: chan_skinny.c:2275 get_input: Skinny Client sent less data than expected.
Aug 26 14:48:34 NOTICE[1209214400]: chan_skinny.c:2335 skinny_session: Skinny Session returned: Success

Then once a connection from inside the firewall is made the Citrix Meta Frame fails to connect to the desktop application, if I connect directly to the Meta-frame box outside the desktop application I can connect fine, we found that the port used on the desktop application use port 1604.  (Also sometimes referred to as an ICA thin Client)

The Citrix Meta frame box sits on the inside of the firewall.

So a very simple diagram would be as follows

SIP Client XTEN -------------------------------Firewall -------(internet)-------- Asterisk
                                   |  |  |
                                   |  |  |
Failing Citrix Server -------------   |  |
                                      |  |
                                      |  |
                                      |  |
ICA Client (metaframe) ---------------   |

Metaframe Server ------------------------

Has anyone had this issue, or heard of this before

Bill Learning