[Asterisk-Users] Re: zaptel configuration

Atif Rasheed atif at convergence.com.pk
Mon Aug 30 05:16:16 MST 2004

well Imran, I am not a guru of Asterisk, but I think my suggestions
might work,

> Hi,
>     I've been trying to get my zaptel x100p cards working for the past
> week now.  this is what I've done:

first, this should have been done with Zaptel, not asterisk
install Zaptel, like this:
make clean
make linux26 (if kernel version is 2.6 or above, else do 'make' only)
make install

> installed asterisk:
> make clean
> make linux 26 (for fedora core 2)
> make install

and, this should have been done for Asterisk
i.e. install Asterisk, like:
make clean
make
make install

> installed zaptel:
> make clean
> make
> make install

then do 'modprobe's',
'ztcfg -vvvvv', and then do
'asterisk -vvvvvvvvvvc'
then check for errors, if any

> did a modprobe zaptel, and wcfxo
> got this in /var/log/messages:
> PCI: found IRQ 11 for device 0000:00:0f.0
> wcfxo: daa mode is 'FCC'
> found a wildcard fxo: wildcard x101p
>
> in zaptel.conf:
> fxsks=1-2
>
> in zapata.conf:
> signalling = fxs_ks
> channel => 1
> channel => 2
>
> yet when i run asterisk, the zap show channels command doesn't work.  in
> a previous thread they mentioned this is because some chan_zap.so file
> isn't loaded because of the zaptel installation.  I was told I had to
> REINSTALL asterisk after the zaptel stuff, which again didn't do
> anything.  How can this be so hard to even get installed?
>
> Thanks,
> Imran

hope, it will work this time.

--