[Asterisk-Users] zaptel configuration

Steve Maroney steve at stevenet.net
Sun Aug 29 22:42:41 MST 2004

On Mon, 30 Aug 2004, Imran Akbar wrote:

> Hi,
>     I've been trying to get my zaptel x100p cards working for the past
> week now.  this is what I've done:
>
> installed asterisk:
> make clean
> make linux 26 (for fedora core 2)
> make install
>
> installed zaptel:
> make clean
> make
> make install
>
> did a modprobe zaptel, and wcfxo
> got this in /var/log/messages:
> PCI: found IRQ 11 for device 0000:00:0f.0
> wcfxo: daa mode is 'FCC'
> found a wildcard fxo: wildcard x101p
>
> in zaptel.conf:
> fxsks=1-2
>
> in zapata.conf:
> signalling = fxs_ks
> channel => 1
> channel => 2
>
> yet when i run asterisk, the zap show channels command doesn't work.  in
> a previous thread they mentioned this is because some chan_zap.so file
> isn't loaded because of the zaptel installation.  I was told I had to
> REINSTALL asterisk after the zaptel stuff, which again didn't do
> anything.  How can this be so hard to even get installed?
>
> Thanks,
> Imran

Assuming your zaptel.conf and zapata.conf files are correct, you should
have to issue a ztcfg -v. The output you see should match your
configuration.  In the future if you make changes to your
zap*.conf files, you need to stop asterisk, re-run ztcfg, then restart
askterisk. The reload command doesn't do anything with the zap*.conf files.

I hope this helps. This is first time helping on this list.

Thank you,
Steve Maroney