[Asterisk-Users] zaptel configuration

Imran Akbar mail at akbars.net
Sun Aug 29 21:32:56 MST 2004

Hi,
    I've been trying to get my zaptel x100p cards working for the past
week now.  this is what I've done:

installed asterisk:
make clean
make linux 26 (for fedora core 2)
make install

installed zaptel:
make clean
make
make install

did a modprobe zaptel, and wcfxo
got this in /var/log/messages:
PCI: found IRQ 11 for device 0000:00:0f.0
wcfxo: daa mode is 'FCC'
found a wildcard fxo: wildcard x101p

in zaptel.conf:
fxsks=1-2

in zapata.conf:
signalling = fxs_ks
channel => 1
channel => 2

yet when i run asterisk, the zap show channels command doesn't work.  in
a previous thread they mentioned this is because some chan_zap.so file
isn't loaded because of the zaptel installation.  I was told I had to
REINSTALL asterisk after the zaptel stuff, which again didn't do
anything.  How can this be so hard to even get installed?

Thanks,
Imran