[Asterisk-Users] iaxtel and jitterbuffer

Michael George george at mutualdata.com
Sun Aug 29 08:25:39 MST 2004

On Sun, Aug 29, 2004 at 07:59:20AM +0200, steve at daviesfam.org wrote:
> On Sat, 28 Aug 2004, Michael George wrote:
>
> > So even with X11 eliminated the sound is still bad to Digium.  I tried
> > another's 1700 number, and it sounded the same, so it's not something unique
> > to digium and me.
> >
> > Would IAX/GSM be so sensitive to half-duplex that I cannot expect it to work
> > with my ISP only giving me 1/2 duplex service?
>
> If you think that the jitter buffer isn't working right and should fix
> this, then please capture debug from the buffer and send over to me.

I'm not sure what the problem is.  What I am hearing does sound like the
descriptions I've read w.r.t. the jitter buffer, but making jitter buffer
changes haven't really changed the effect.

That gives 2 possibilities:
	1. That the jitter buffer isn't working and it *should* fix the problem.
	2. That the problem is completely independent of the JB so there is nothing
		the JB can do to fix it.

> To do that, in /etc/asterisk/logger.conf edit the debug line to be:
>
> debug => notice,warning,error,debug,verbose
>
> Then run asterisk like so:
>
> /usr/sbin/asterisk -vvvvvv -g  -dddddd -c
>
> Then go "iax2 debug" at the CLI prompt.
>
> Do a test call, then send me the resulting /var/log/asterisk/debug file.

I will do that.  Hopefully that will help us isolate the problem and perhaps
eliminate the jitterbuffer from the equasion. :)

I will try to run this test today and report back my findings.

Also, on Thursday I will be going into the main office.  I will take my little
* box and try the IAXtel test there.  That should help determine if it's my
local office net connection that is the problem.

Thank you!

--
-M

There are 10 kinds of people in this world:
	Those who can count in binary and those who cannot.