[Asterisk-Users] Broadvoice problem

Marty Mastera mmastera at m3resources.com
Sat Aug 28 10:25:11 MST 2004

> I had the same problem.  To fix it, I had to do two things....
>
> First:   I had to update to CVS head, this was as per broadvoice
support.

> Second:  After  updating, I had to change my sip.conf.  Originally my
> sip.conf used hard coded ip addresses for broadvoice's IP servers, so
> had to change the following lines as such:
> register => [mynumber]:[secret]@147.135.8.129
> to read
> register => [mynumber]:[secret]@sip.broadvoice.com

Ed,

Weird things...I took your advice but executed it in stages...just like
you, I was registering with 147.135.8.129, hardcoded ip. My CVS-HEAD is
7/14/04.

The only thing I changed so far is to replace the 147.135.8.129 with
sip.broadvoice.com.  I didn't update from CVS, I also don't have SRV
lookups enabled (yet anyway).  It now registers and I can receive
inbound calls.

Does it make sense that BV may have implemented a change that would
allow registrations from a FQDN but not from a hardcoded ip? Just a
thought....

Marty