[Asterisk-Users] Queue Announcement not until after # accept call pressed

Greg Boehnlein damin at nacs.net
Sat Aug 28 09:14:47 MST 2004

On Fri, 27 Aug 2004, Andrew Brown wrote:

> When using the callback feature on agents I notice that when the queue calls
> one of the agents and the agent picks up the call they hear nothing until
> pressing the # to accept the call.
>
> Only then does my announcement play back to the agent after which the call
> is immediately connected.
>
> Is there a way to have the announcement played to the agent before they
> press # to accept. I have ackcall=yes in agent.conf
>
> Can't find anything on the wiki.
>
> Thanks
>
> Andrew

Andrew,
	You need my agent-preack-announce patch. This allows you to define
a "preack=gsmfile" in your agents.conf, which will be played BEFORE the
agent hits the "#" key to accept the call.

The patch and associated sound files etc.. are up on the bugtracker at:
http://bugs.digium.com/bug_view_page.php?bug_id=0001082

                             KP-216-121-ST