[Asterisk-Users] Speech Recognition and Asterisk

Joe Phillips joe.phillips at innovationsw.com
Fri Aug 27 11:13:40 MST 2004

On Fri, 2004-08-27 at 13:26, Mike Meyer wrote:

Mike,

I have been mulling similar ideas for some time.  I've turned up the
same projects you have.

> >From what I can tell, I feel I am uncovering the tip of the ice berg and
> this may not be trivial.

I've pretty much got the same feeling based on my research.  I don't
think this is a trivial problem to solve.

> But it seems that the Voice recognition
> application, once developed, would have to be linked via an AGI to the
> asterisk dial plan.

I think this is accurate.  You would use either AGI or a native Asterisk
module to connect the pieces.

> Has anyone gotten Voice recognition working with Asterisk? Last I saw, a
> few were attempting to apply Sphinx back in the December and April time
> frame. Any shared successes, progress or direction on Sphinx or any
> other VR app would be appreciated before I start down this road.

I have nothing working at this point, just some ideas and a plan to
explore further.  As soon as I have "free" time I'm hoping to explore
some of my ideas on my * system.

I certainly would be happy to hear others' experiences  on this mail
list.

-joe
--
     Innovation Software Group, LLC - http://www.innovationsw.com