[Asterisk-Users] Advice on BT ISDN Services (UK)

Linus Surguy linus at magrathea-telecom.co.uk
Fri Aug 27 09:47:47 MST 2004

> > OK. You need one of the following:
> >
> > Home Highway
> > Business Highway
> > ISDN2e
> >
> > I can confirm that * works happily with all three - my office lines
> > are (for
> > various reasons, none of which apply any more!) on Business Highway.
> >

> Heh, good old BT. I've never tested voice over Business Highway, as
> every BT engineer/support/sales person I've spoken to swore blind that
> it wouldn't work - and in BT's eyes, if they say it won't work, it's
> unsupported, therefore, if it breaks - you're on your own.
> Also, I don't believe you can get the full range of 'BT Select
> Services' or whatever they call them today on the Highway lines (things
> like Call Deflection, and even caller id on the home highway lines, I
> believe)

BT fully support voice on Business Highway, they just assume that most
people will use it for data. Most of BT's 'Digital Select Services' are not
available on Home Highway, but are available on Business Highway. As I
recall the only service not available on Business Highway, but is available
on ISDN 2e is DDI across multiple 2B lines.

Linus