[Asterisk-Users] Re: Echo SIP-T100P-PRI

Ryan Thrash rthrash at studiovertex.com
Thu Aug 26 23:19:40 MST 2004

On Aug 19, 2004, at 5:33 PM, Rich Adamson wrote:

> [...]

<snip>

> When that discussion was going on a few weeks ago, the echo issue
> seemed to have been narrowed down to two possibiliites; 1) interrupt
> service latency, or, 2) PCI bus latencies. Processor speed does not
> seem to be a driving factor as noted above.
>
> I've not heard anyone (as yet) come up with the tools or process for
> actually identifying the root-cause. Would be nice for those of us
> that aren't programmers.

Some more echo food for thought. It's most noticeable on very short,
hard sounds (like "CH"), so as someone mentioned, reverb might be the
right description. I've spent the better part of several hours
experimenting with various combinations of adjusting taps from 32 to
256, echowhenbridged on and off and txgain adjustments. I just flat
can't get it to go away...

I'm also one of those "luck" ones with a Supermicro box (dual Xeons and
plenty of RAM). How in the heck would/should I go about figuring out
what the interrupt service latency or the PCI bus latency is doing. Any
other thoughts on the front? I'm using GS phones so maybe their echo
can algorithms are to blame... hmmm...

Here's to hoping,
Ryan Thrash