[Asterisk-Users] TDM400P lockups (FXO)

Marty Mastera mmastera at m3resources.com
Thu Aug 26 18:08:19 MST 2004

> Well, I had the TDM act strange this afternoon and spontaneously drop
the
> line.  And as I expected, it locked up this evening.  It seems to have
> hung
> the machine.
>
> This system has not gone more than 4 days without a soft boot since I
put
> the
> TDM400 into it.  I've had it for 3.5 years and I'd never have to
reboot
> it.
> I'd have *months* of uptime.
>
> I think there's something wrong with this card.  I can't imagine
anyone
> tolerating every-other-day reboots with a TDM card...

I thought I would repost this info, since it seems relevant to this
thread and may have been missed before this thread started...

I too have had problems with the TDM400P (TDM04B as configured) -
symptoms ranging from one of the ports not being answered (no indication
of an incoming call on the CLI), to calls dropping and outbound callers
dialing and getting dead air.  Sometimes a unload/load of the modules
was sufficient to get things working again, other times a full reboot
was required.

Ultimately it was determined to be a design bug in the either the
TDM400P itself or the FXO modules plugged into it.  Digium acknowledged
that it was known issue and sent me a replacement card and modules.  The
card had been modified, evident from the jumper wire that been soldered
between two points on the back of the card.  I haven't had problems
since installing the new card.

I would recommend contacting Digium support and sending them the serial
numbers from the card and modules...

Here's my original post for reference:
http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-users/2004-August/060008.html

Marty