[Asterisk-Users] Overhead Paging

Chris Shaw chriss at watertech.com
Thu Aug 26 15:34:56 MST 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Brian Pavane" <asterisk-users at brianpavane.org>
Non-Commercial Discussion" <asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>
Sent: Thursday, August 26, 2004 2:39 PM
Subject: Re: [Asterisk-Users] Overhead Paging

> Chris,
>
> What you're talking about is exactly what I'm looking for.  I'm interested
in
> the middleware that would sit between the speakers and the IAD.  I have
found
> the Bogen TAMB device -- however I was wondering if anyone had any
experience
> with this box.  How many speakers can you power off of the unit without
needing
> an external amp, etc...
>
> -Brian

lol those would be electrical questions... Not sure how to answer those, it
would depend on power output of the TAMB device and how much current draw
and wattage the speakers require... I know this would work though, as long
as the receiver/amplifier has an FXO interface and not an RCA jack like you
would find on a stereo system or CD player...