[Asterisk-Users] Overhead Paging

Tor Roberts voip at sscsinc.com
Thu Aug 26 11:10:00 MST 2004

John,
Below are the impotant parts of my oss.conf and extensions.conf that
make the system work. The only problems that I had in getting this to
work was finding the right soundcard. I tried serveral of them, some
just work and others don't. Be prepared to try a few out.

-Tor Roberts

This is the oss.conf. I think it is the default:
;
; Open Sound System Console Driver Configuration File
;
[general]
;
; Automatically answer incoming calls on the console?  Choose yes if
; for example you want to use this as an intercom.
;
autoanswer=yes
;
; Default context (is overridden with @context syntax)
;
context=default
;
; Default extension to call
;
extension=s

This is the important part of  my extensions.conf:

exten => 555,1,Dial(Console/dsp,20,A(trek))
exten => 555,2,Hangup