[Asterisk-Users] No signal from ISDN-phone connected to hfc card in NT-mode

oliver_mlisten at gmx.de oliver_mlisten at gmx.de
Thu Aug 26 10:16:19 MST 2004

Hi!

I'm struggeling had to get a hfc pci card working in NT-Mode. I've
installed a very basic test system with just one hfc pci card connected
to an ISDN-phone over a modified NTBA as described on jollies homepage.
I commpiled asterisk as descibed in kape's INSTALL file that comes with
'bri_stuff'. I have not modified the config fieles yet.
After connecting to asterisk by runnig 'asterisk -rvvv' I get no message
what so ever, when picking up the phone or dialing a number and the
phone only shows an error message.
I just tried 'bri debug span 1' but no change. No message from dmesg
either.
I think I should be able to see something happening when I pick up the
phone. Is this right? What should I seen and which comand do I have to
run, to see it?
I belive something is wrong with my NTBA. So please tell me if there is
a way to see, if my Hardware (modified NTBA and kabeling) is set up
properly.  Right now I don't know if the problem is within asterisk, the
kernel modules or the NTBA/kabeling stuff. I'm totally in the dark.
Below I've posted the messages I get.

By the way, as I've read so many references to the wiki on voip-info.org
and the mailinglist, I've spent a hell lot of time looking through
those but I was not successfull. If somebody could point me straight at
something I'd be very thankfull.

Thank you very much for any help!
Best regards,
	Oliver

after running make loadNT I get the following messages:

	Zaptel Configuration
	======================

	SPAN 1: CCS/ AMI Build-out: 399-533 feet (DSX-1)

	3 channels configured.

dmesg gives me the following:

	Zapata Telephony Interface Registered on major 196
	zaphfc: no version for "zt_receive" found: kernel tainted.
	PCI: Enabling device 0000:00:0e.0 (0004 -> 0007)
	ACPI: PCI interrupt 0000:00:0e.0[A] -> GSI 11 (level, low) -> IRQ 11
	zaphfc: CCD/Billion/Asuscom 2BD0 configured at mem 0xe08c4000
   fifo 0xd1da8000(0x11da8000) IRQ 11 HZ 1000
	zaphfc: Card 0 configured for NT mode
	zaphfc: 1 hfc-pci card(s) in this box.
	Registered tone zone 3 (Netherlands)

stoibi*CLI> zap show channels
          Chan Extension  Context         Language   MusicOnHold
 	pseudo            demo
   	     1            demo
   	     2            demo