[Asterisk-Users] Overhead Paging

Deon Rodden drodden at webunited.net
Thu Aug 26 09:36:04 MST 2004

I have several Cisco 7940's laying around, how do I piple the
speakerphone through external speakers? I understand the amplifier part,
but how do you get RCA/2.5mm outputs from the Cisco?

For now, we just configured a "line 2" on all our phones with auto
answer and, using the trick found in the wiki, when we page, every phone
turns on and broadcasts whatever we say. However, there is an antiquated
speaker system in the ceiling above that nobody knows anything about,
it'd be neat to pipe a dedicated 7940 with Auto-Answer to the above
Intercom.