[Asterisk-Users] Overhead Paging

Joseph tech at ekn.com
Thu Aug 26 09:17:13 MST 2004

On Thu, 2004-08-26 at 10:19, Rich Adamson wrote:
> > Any thoughts, comments, and suggestions that you can shed on this topic would be
> > much appreciated.  If you have other methods of implementing overhead paging, I
> > would also be interested.

> One (of many) ways to accomplish it is simply based on using a Cisco
> 7940/7960 phone configured with paging, and pipe the audio to an
> amplifier input. If you're planning on deploying the Cisco phones
> already, then using that approach basically has built-in sparing
> covered.

If the Cisco phone is already in use, and a page comes in, how should
this be handled?

It seems to show like an incoming call, and does not auto answer if you
are on the phone already.

Then it keeps ringing till you get off the phone.
Or am I doing something wrong?

This is the setup that I tried:
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Cisco+7940-7960+auto-answer+config

--