[Asterisk-Users] Dial by name across 2 systems

Jim O'Brien jobrien at bridgeport-networks.com
Wed Aug 25 20:21:33 MST 2004

Hi,
  I'm wondering how I can support dial by name across 2 different
asterisk systems.  If I create a voicemail account (add an entry in
voicemail.conf) for both sets of users on both PBXs will this allow
callers that use dial by name on each of the IP-PBXs to dial any user on
either IP-PBX?  I assume that the dial by name application uses the
context that it is called from, so if dial by name were in the main menu
I would need to make sure that you can dial extensions for both users
from both sites main menus?

Thanks,

Jim