[Asterisk-Users] Voicemail forwarding from SER & extensions.conf

Leo Ann Boon leo at innovax.com.sg
Wed Aug 25 18:06:47 MST 2004

VCI Help Desk wrote:
[snip, snip]

>    I have the following which works ok but I can't make outbound calls when
>this is enabled.

Use different contexts. Put your inbound SIP sessions from SER to one
context and all your internal SIP phones to another. An example modified
from your conf:
sip.conf
[general]
context=from_sip

;Internal phones
[8001]
context=int_sip

extensions.conf
[from_sip]
;send caller to voicemail if call is being forwarded from SER
exten => _.,1,MailboxExists(${EXTEN}@default)
exten => _.,2,Hangup()                    ; hangup
exten => _.,102,Voicemail(u${EXTEN})    ; answer and state unavailable,
leave a message
exten => _.,103,Hangup()                 ; hangup

[int_sip]
;PSTN access
exten => _9XX.,1,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN}@gateway)
exten => _9XX.,2,Hangup