[Asterisk-Users] Voicemail forwarding from SER & extensions.conf

VCI Help Desk admin at vci.net
Wed Aug 25 13:32:03 MST 2004

    I have SER running with Asterisk, both on seperate servers. If I call
another SIP number from my SIP phone SER looks up the phone number to see if
it's online. If it's not online it forwards the call to Asterisk. How do I
configure the extensions.conf file so that calls being forwarded to Asterisk
destined for VoiceMail do not conflict with normal outbound calls destined
for the PSTN?

    I have the following which works ok but I can't make outbound calls when
this is enabled.

; send caller to voicemail if call is being forwarded from SER
; exten => _.,1,MailboxExists(${EXTEN}@default)
; exten => _.,2,Hangup()                    ; hangup
; exten => _.,102,Voicemail(u${EXTEN})    ; answer and state unavailable,
leave a message
; exten => _.,103,Hangup()                 ; hangup

      Bill Dunn