[Asterisk-Users] Distinctive Ring Cadences

Jay Milk jay at skimmilk.net
Wed Aug 25 16:42:48 MST 2004

This is what you're looking for (Sipura SPA-2000):

exten => 201,1,SetVar(ALERT_INFO=bellcore-r1)
exten => 201,2,Dial(SIP/201,40)
exten => 301,1,SetVar(ALERT_INFO=bellcore-r4)
exten => 301,2,Dial(SIP/201,40)

This dials SIP-ext 201 with a different ring-cadence when you dial
"301".  Sipura Supports bellcore-r1..r8, but even those names (and the
cadences) are configurable in config.

r/006378.html)
and
(http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-dev/2003-June/000916.html )
regarding patches to support SIP phones and have no idea if they are
implemented features or not.

> If anyone knows, please let me know.

Mike,

I am in no way a SIP expert so please take my comments with a grain of
salt, but this would require something attached to the INVITE message
sent to the phone. I know that * (with a little patching) can transmit
intercom=yes to a SNOM phone indicating that the incoming session wants
to use the intercom function... If phones have something similar to this
like ringcadence=3 then it could be passed on... I would imagine that
the value you pass to the phone is specific to the make and model of
phone however... Not all phones would use ringcadence= and not all
models would support '3' for example...

There has been some discussion of this in the bug lists and here on
list, but I'm not sure as to the status of this yet in *... I know for
the Cisco phones, there is a variable called ALERT_INFO you can set to
change the ring cadence but that's the only phone I know of so far...

It would be soooo cool if Digium made their own brand of phones, or at
least commissioned someone like Sayson to do it for them... then we
could get a completely *-compatible solution with all of the bells and
whistles we want... If we want to go with our own phones, then we would
have to sacrifice the fancy features but at least it would still work!
Maybe they already have something like this in mind? I would be totally
behind it! Especially if it spoke IAX! :)

    -Chris

To UNSUBSCRIBE or update options visit: