[Asterisk-Users] Uniden UIP200 Review

spectro spectro at gmail.com
Wed Aug 25 15:27:32 MST 2004

We are running CVS-06/29/04-12:20:13 and our UIP200 works fine behind
nat with nat=yes.

Our asterisk is one of the last V1-0_stable releases before rc1,
chan_sip.c is version 1.292.2.27.

The fix for Bug 1862 added rport to the VIA header, Bug 1935 added the
option nat=never so it does not send rport to phones with "broken
firmware" (UIP200). The problem is nat=never disables NAT so the
UIP200 doesn't work behind one.

Maybe adding a new option to sip.conf like rport=yes/no ? This way you can say:

nat=yes
rport = no