[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk WITH Swyx... Any Idea?

Zineddin Karzazi zino111 at yahoo.de
Wed Aug 25 10:35:16 MST 2004

 --- Loek Gijben <L.H.Gijben at Flatnet.TUDelft.nl>
schrieb:
> Hello Zineddin,
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm a student and my thesis work consist in
> testing
> > Asterisk with Swyx(SwyxWare).
>
> Until 2 years I was a student too so I think I can
> still relate to your state of mind :^)
>

> > My approach is to declare asterisk as h323 gateway
> for
> > the Swyxserver using oh323 Plugin.
> > Is there any possibility to connect Asterisk with
> > Swyx? how?
>
> Commercially we took a look at Swyx, it has great
> Windows (Active Directory)
> integration. But despite Swyx told us for nearly a
> year now that SIP support was
> coming we still haven't seen anything yet. So we
> left Swyxware where it belongs: on
> the shelf ;-))
> 95% of innovations in VoIP are based on SIP
>
> I wonder why uou want to set up a system like this.
> Merely for testing purposes?  Or
> does it have real life implications?

Yes!! It s just for testing Purpose.

> If calling with swyxit is imminent then you can
> bypass the Swyxserver alltogether. And the
Swyxserver > can be hung on PSTN also, so if you need
the AD
> integration
> than you can bypass the * server.

I´m Tryin to connect the PBX without using ISDN or any
Hardware. i already have a Nikotel Account to Be
reachable under a regular phone number. but this is
not possible to achieve with Swyx because it is based
on
H.323 and not SIP.

> I know this does not answer you question, and I'm
> not into H323.  But like all other *
> users I've plowed myself through the Wiki and
> Googled a lot for answers. So if even
> I stumble on H323 on Asterisk info then it must be
> possible for you too.
> IMHO it must be possible to set up a system you
> describe, my hunch would be
> installing * on a testPC with H323 support, then
> first try to attach some softphones
> (like Swyxit) and the route through Swyxserver.

Already Done for testing purpose. * with OH323 Plugin,
works with 12 PC Clients (using
Xlite(SIP),OpenPhone(H.323),IAXCOMM)and can also make
calls to PSTN and be reachable from outside the LAN.
The Problem is,that i cant use the Swyxit/Handsets or
the Swyx IP-Phones.

> Succes with graduation!
> Loek Gijben
> Remotica