[Asterisk-Users] Sound deformation during conversation or IVR message

Peter Svensson psvasterisk at psv.nu
Wed Aug 25 10:49:05 MST 2004

On Wed, 25 Aug 2004, Régis MARTIN wrote:

> We have a working asterisk with 1 E1 and a TE405P.
>
> During conversation, when one side is speaking, the other hears sometimes
> (every 5 to 20 seconds, it is random) a little deformation of the
> voice/sound. It sounds like "scricth" and not during more than 0.5 seconds.
>
> After monitoring the cpu usage, we didn't notice big peak. The cpu sometimes
> rise up to 20% with process kjournald, and it seems to be at the same time
> of our problem but nothing else.

It can be the disk access when the ext3 log is flushed causing missed
interrupts.

Whad does 'cat /proc/zaptel/1' show? Does the missed interrupts counter
increment when you hear the noise?

What kind of disks do you have?

If you are using ide disks then you can try setting the unmasq irq bit
with "hdparm -u1 /dev/hda" or whatever device your drive is.

Peter