[Asterisk-Users] Sound deformation during conversation or IVR message

Régis MARTIN tornad-asterisk at tornad.net
Wed Aug 25 10:02:38 MST 2004

Hi,

We have a working asterisk with 1 E1 and a TE405P.

During conversation, when one side is speaking, the other hears sometimes
(every 5 to 20 seconds, it is random) a little deformation of the
voice/sound. It sounds like "scricth" and not during more than 0.5 seconds.

We have exactly the same problem when asterisk give messages to caller by an
IVR.

No need to be lot of people on the E1, with 1 person connected, the problem
appears.

After monitoring the cpu usage, we didn't notice big peak. The cpu sometimes
rise up to 20% with process kjournald, and it seems to be at the same time
of our problem but nothing else.

- How can we reduce or solve this problem ?

- Do you ever had the same problem ?

We have asterisk on a Red-hat 7.3 with P4 2,6 Ghz with 512 Mo. One TE405P
with one E1.

Thanks in advance for your answer.

Regards

Régis