[Asterisk-Users] Hardware for PBX with 4 incoming/outgoing lines and 20 phones

Andrew Elchuk aelchuk at cronustech.com
Wed Aug 25 08:48:31 MST 2004

With this solution, I could have a Wildcard TDM400P with 1 to 2 FXO
modules on it to handle 1 or 2 incoming calls on our current lines (I
would get rid of 2 lines).  I would then use a T100P connected to a FXS
channel bank with 20 phones or so.  Then for any outgoing calls instead
of going out on an FXO card, I could just get a VOIP account at a place
like iConnectHere and use that for any outgoing calls we make.  I
believe that would save a lot of money as we do a lot of dialing out and
long distance isn't cheap.  Is there a specific VOIP provider any of you
have experience with or would reccomment, iConnectHere seems not to bad
from what I've read.  And are there any channel banks that you guys have
experience with or think would be good for what we want, I've read about
the Rhino Channel Bank and it seems like it could be used?  Thanks everyone!

Jeff Roberts wrote:

> Andrew Elchuk wrote:
>
>> Most of the time we are only using 3 of the lines for calling.  If I
>> used VOIP termination for outgoing calls wouldn't I still need the 4
>> lines to receive all of our incoming calls?  Also do I need to have
>> an IP phone to connect to a Wildcard TDM40B or could I just use the
>> phones we have right now?  Thanks.
>>
> Don't know if your situation will lend itself to my solution, but it
> seems to work for me:  I called and had the call waiting turned off on
> my pots line and set up busy call forwarding to my nufone number.
> Now, when someone dials my pots line, the first call comes in over a
> channel bank connected to a t100p.  Each additional call, whether they
> call the pots line or the nufone line comes in over iax.  I've only
> had a couple of simultaneous calls going, but I would think I could
> have as many as my internet connection will support bandwidth wise.
> I've been using it for a few weeks, and looking at the charges, its
> pretty cost effective to me.  Unless your other three numbers are
> published or your faxing over several lines, I dont see why you can't
> shut them off and use one pots lines and voip for the rest.

Andrew Elchuk
Technical Associate
Cronus Technologies
248 - 111 Research Drive