[Asterisk-Users] Advice on BT ISDN Services (UK)

Benjamin Johnson benjamin at thinktech.co.uk
Wed Aug 25 05:42:24 MST 2004

Thanks for that Jon,

can anyone confirm whether Asterisk can pick up which MSN has been
dialed and route the call depending on this - or does this functionality
only work for DDIs. If I have to use DDIs can anyone recommend and
active ISDN card which works with Asterisk and is readily available in
the UK.

Sorry for the stupid questions, but I'm completely new to ISDN! ;-)

Thanks,

Benjamin

Jon Fautley wrote:

> You NEED a BT ISDN2e connection - the Highway stuff is a waste of
> space, and prolly won't work with voice. Call them up (You'll need to
> be a business, they don't seem to sell anything other than Highway to
> home users) and ask for an ISDN2e circuit, and tell them you want a
> bunch of MSN's (Multiple Subscriber Numbers, I think) and they should
> be able to sort it out. MAKE SURE you deal with Business sales, not
> Residential Sales. Other than that, it should be fairly painless. I've
> not used * with MSN's, only DDI's, but for DDI's you need a) lots of
> money and b) a p2p mode ISDN line, which I believe requires an active
> (rather than passive, as the speedways are) ISDN card.
>
> We tend to use active cards here at work, but I've used chan_capi with
> a BT speedway before, and it works just fine. I'm not sure that I have
> the configs laying about, but if you have any specific questions, feel
> free to fire them at me :)
>
> Jon

Benjamin Johnson
Director
thinktech Ltd. - Appropriate security solutions for business.