[Asterisk-Users] Advice on BT ISDN Services (UK)

Benjamin Johnson benjamin at thinktech.co.uk
Wed Aug 25 04:23:23 MST 2004

Hi all,

I've been playing about with Asterisk for years now on and off, just SIP to SIP calls, using FWD and suchlike. I'm moving house at the beginning of September and have decided to build an Asterisk based system for my home office.

I'm in the UK and wonder if anyone can give me advice on lines and hardware to use. Had planned to go with an ISDN2e line coupled with a BT Speedway ISDN card [1] from eBay for the PSTN side and Cisco 2940 and 2960G devices talking SIP for the internal phones.

In addition to this I want to have extra numbers provided to me (MSN??) by BT  and then set up Asterisk to handle calls differently depending on what number is called (i.e. work, home, fax).

I don't have a problem setting this up under Asterisk (that's the fun part) but what I need is advice on what to ask for from BT so I don't get the wrong lines / services and so that it all works smoothly!

Thanks in advance and feel free to take off list.

Benjamin Johnson

[1] http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6702818488