[Asterisk-Users] freebsd 4.10 and port misc/zaptel

Dinesh Nair dinesh at alphaque.com
Wed Aug 25 03:58:17 MST 2004

hey asterisk folk,

i'm new to asterisk, but not to freebsd as i've been using it and
developing on it for quite a few years. we're planning on deploying
asterisk as part of a voip provider's service platform and naturally i'd
rather be using freebsd instead of a linux based distro. as such, i am
very, very excited that there is work going on towards porting the
zaptel drivers to freebsd.

looking at the current cvs copy of the ports though, the zaptel drivers
are at version 0.7, and the Makefile for the port is marked as "requires
FreeBSD 5.x to build", though the Asterisk FreeBSD wiki at
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-FreeBSD+zaptel and the Changelog at
http://www.portaone.com/~gonzo/ChangeLog say that it can be built on
FreeBSD 4.x

i guess my primary question is, can the ported zaptel drivers work on
4.10 (or 4-STABLE cvsupped a couple of weeks ago) ?

i plan on having asterisk running in a small Pentium III machine with a
Wildcard TDM400P, specifically the TDM40B with 4 FXS ports. my secondary
question would be if i could do this on FreeBSD 4.10 using Asterisk
v0.9.0 and v0.7 of the zaptel port (assuming it can be built on 4.x).
this asterisk implementation will need to talk back to another asterisk
over the WAN using IAX2, if possible as well.

is the above doable ?

many thanx in advance for advice in this area.

[i've also sent this to asterisk-bsd at lists.digium.com but there doesn't
seem to be much activity there looking from the archives]

dinesh at alphaque.com                (0 0)    http://www.alphaque.com/

dinesh at alphaque.com                (0 0)    http://www.alphaque.com/