[Asterisk-Users] Remotely change call forward

Ryan Courtnage ryan at voxbox.ca
Tue Aug 24 15:27:32 MST 2004

Russell Horn wrote:
> Is it possible using asterisk to allow someone to dial in and remotely
> change where their call is forwarded to?
>
> For example, I'm working from home so I want my calls to go to 555 1234,
> now I need to go out for a bit so I'd like to phone the office and using
> DTMF tell the asterisk PBX to now forward my calls to my cell phone 555
> 3456
>
> Has anyone implimented anything like this?

Sure:

; prompting call forward app - forwards entered extension
exten => *72,1,Answer
exten => *72,2,Wait(1)
exten => *72,3,BackGround(allison7/please-enter-your)
exten => *72,4,Playback(extension)
exten => *72,5,Playback(then-press-pound)
exten => *72,6,Playback(beep)
exten => *72,7,Read(fromext)
exten => *72,8,Wait(1)
exten => *72,9,BackGround(ent-target-attendant)
exten => *72,10,Background(then-press-pound)
exten => *72,11,Playback(beep)
exten => *72,12,Read(toext)
exten => *72,13,Wait(1)
exten => *72,14,DBput(CF/${fromext}=${toext})
exten => *72,15,Playback(call-fwd-unconditional)
exten => *72,16,Playback(for)
exten => *72,17,Playback(extension)
exten => *72,18,SayDigits(${fromext})
exten => *72,19,Playback(is-set-to)
exten => *72,20,SayDigits(${toext})
exten => *72,21,Macro(hangupcall)

See dialparites.agi for an example of how the check for CF before
dialing an extension.

Ryan