[Asterisk-Users] Remotely change call forward

Chris Shaw chriss at watertech.com
Tue Aug 24 15:55:33 MST 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Russell Horn" <asterisk-users at albanach.com>
To: <asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>
Sent: Tuesday, August 24, 2004 2:55 PM
Subject: [Asterisk-Users] Remotely change call forward

> Is it possible using asterisk to allow someone to dial in and remotely
> change where their call is forwarded to?
>
> For example, I'm working from home so I want my calls to go to 555 1234,
> now I need to go out for a bit so I'd like to phone the office and using
> DTMF tell the asterisk PBX to now forward my calls to my cell phone 555
> 3456
>
> Has anyone implimented anything like this?
>
> R.

I see 2 ways of doing this... 1 would be an AGI script that uses MySQL or
PostgreSQL to store and retrieve forwarded numbers..

The 2nd and to me easier way would be to use AstDB and some extension
coolness to store the forwarding number, and then implement some kind of
vertical service code that you can dial when you call, someting like
*78<EXTENSION>NXXNXXXXXX, then feed the NXXNXXXXXX part of the extension to
DbPut(features/fwd-<EXTENSION>) or something like that...

Check these out for some ideas/hints gimme a holler if you need more help!

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+cmd+DbGet
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+cmd+DbPut
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+cmd+AGI