[Asterisk-Users] Re: [Asterisk-Dev] Asterisks

Greg Hill gregh-asterisk at hillnet.us
Tue Aug 24 12:02:59 MST 2004

On Tue, 24 Aug 2004, Huddleston, Robert wrote:

> Take mercy on me - I'm a newbie w/ Asterisks... Here's what I'm trying to do
> - and please someone let me know if this can be done...
> We have a commercial VoIP network... The gatekeeper supports MGCP/H.323 and
> allows for calls to be made to the PSTN cloud.
> I would like to build Asterisks with H323 (or MGCP if need be) and have it
> attach to our gatekeeper to access the PSTN.
> Instead of installing a T1/E1 or ISDN or POTS card we would like to use the
> existing VoIP network.
> Anyone ran into this before - can provide some direction?

so you want your Asterisk machine to connect to your gatekeeper "via
existing VOIP" .. you mean over an ethernet-type interface, right? Sure
you can do that.

A better place to ask for this type of help is the asterisk-users list,
though. The asterisk-dev list is for topics related to development of
asterisk itself, not development and implementation of solutions involving
asterisk.

Greg