[Asterisk-Users] Dell PowerEdge 750 rackmount

Scott Stingel scott at evtmedia.com
Tue Aug 24 11:56:00 MST 2004

> Steven Critchfield <critch at basesys.com> wrote:

> buying a 1u server is much better than building it as there are
> a lot of cooling problems to overcome

You're right about that - I learned a lot about 1U cooling and low-profile
fans in the last one I built.  It was fun, but now they want 10 boxes,
delivered fast!

> The big thing to look into is what PCI busses the machine supports.
> We were very surprised with our Dell when it came with a PCIX slot
> and a 66mhz 64bit slot

I noticed the PowerEdge 750 seems to have one of each: 32- and 64-bit PCI's,
both brought to the rear panel - nice.

BUT, I can't get the Dell's fast enough for this customer, so now I'm
looking at the HP Proliant DL-320.

Regards
Scott Stingel

Scott M. Stingel