[Asterisk-Users] newb question regarding DTMF

Erik Anderson erikerik at gmail.com
Tue Aug 24 11:20:03 MST 2004

On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 11:46:36 -0600 (MDT), Greg Hill
<gregh-asterisk at hillnet.us> wrote:
> x-lite uses the RFC2833 style for DTMF "out of the box" (it can be set to
> transmit inband). You need dtmfmode=rfc2833 in [general] or in the section
> for your x-lite user.

That's what I've read, and I have added dtmfmode=rfc2833 in my
sip.conf...see this snippet:

[xlite1]
;Turn off silence suppression in X-Lite ("Transmit Silence"=YES)!
;Note that Xlite sends NAT keep-alive packets, so qualify=yes is not needed
type=friend
username=xlite
callerid="Jane Smith" <5678>
host=dynamic
nat=yes                       ; X-Lite is behind a NAT router
canreinvite=no                ; Typically set to NO if behind NAT
disallow=all
allow=gsm                     ; GSM consumes far less bandwidth than ulaw
allow=ulaw
allow=alaw
dtmfmode=rfc2833

I've applied that change and restarted asterisk, but no dice...