[Asterisk-Users] strange problem PBX-Asterisk

Christian Victor christian at victormedia.de
Tue Aug 24 11:07:29 MST 2004

Hi Kurt!

> maybe I oversee somth. very obvious, but I'm a little puzzled about the
> following 'error':
>
> When I make a call from the PBX to * I get number not available, but on
> debug I see, that asterisk is searching just for the first digit in the
> extension, which of course doesn't exist, eg:

I seems that you PBX uses "Overlap Dial" and transmits the extensien
digit by digit and Asterisk expects the extension to be "en bloc". So
when it receives anything from the PBX (wich is in this case the first
digit) Asterisk thinks that this is the whole block of extension.

Don't know how to fix it though. ;-)

Christian