[Asterisk-Users] Help with upgrading 7960 SCCP to SIP

Kevin Day toasty at dragondata.com
Tue Aug 24 11:05:12 MST 2004

Just to share my solution with the rest of the list... You can't
upgrade from a really old version straight to 7.x. You have to upgrade
to a newer (but not 7.x) version, then upgrade to 7.x.

All the details on this exact problem happen to be in the "VoIP
Telephony with Asterisk" book by Paul Mahler, which was extraordinarily
helpful in figuring this out. There are a LOT of steps to getting this
upgrade to work, and Paul's explanation was much better than anything
Cisco had.