[Asterisk-Users] Help with upgrading 7960 SCCP to SIP

Mark Woods asteriskadmin at fuse.net
Fri Aug 20 17:08:25 MST 2004

Kevin Day wrote:

> I've got a Cisco 7960 that I'm trying to convert to SIP. Here's what
> "Firmware Versions" says:
>
> App Load ID:
>  P00305000300
> Boot Load ID:
>  PC03M030
> Version:
>  5.0(3.0)
>

> The files that I have are:
>
> P003-07-1-00.sbn
> P003-07-1-00.bin
> P0S3-07-1-00.loads
> P0S3-07-1-00.sb2
>
> If I put "P003-07-1-00" in OS79XX.TXT, the phone tries to tftp
> XMLDefault.cnf.xml. I've tried every imaginable <loadinformation>
> parameter, and can't get the phone to actually grab the image, it just
> keeps redownloading the XML file.
>
> If I put "P0S3-07-1-00" in OS79XX.TXT, the phone wants to download
> P0S3-07-1-00.sbn, which I don't have. If I rename P003-07-1-00.sbn to
> that name, it downloads the file but then says "File auth error".

I had a similar problem.  I created P0S files from the P00 files (just
copied and renamed them) so that I had both sets.  At one point the
phone was looking for P003-07- so I created those files too.  I also had
to create a SIP<mac>.cnf file and a SEP<mac>.cnf file.  Playing with the
load parameter finally allowed me to get it going.

Hope this helps...

-Mark