[Asterisk-Users] Dell PowerEdge 750 rackmount

Bob Knight bk at minusw.com
Tue Aug 24 10:00:55 MST 2004

Scott Stingel wrote:
> Hi-
>
> I have an upcoming order for a bunch of asterisk boxes, and I'm considering
> using an "assembled" package for the server, instead of building them from
> components as I usually do.
>
> Does anyone have experience with the Dell PowerEdge 750 server, or any other
> 1U rackmount server for use with asterisk?

Hey Scott, that is the exact box I am running * on in my office.
But I have not been brave enough to plug in any PCI cards yet.
I am still doing it the expensive way, with external gateways.
I can't wait for someone like you to come out and say these PCI cards
are way solid and ready for prime time commercial deployment.

--
Bob Knight
[-w] the work option
bk at minusw.com