[Asterisk-Users] MGCP and dialing out

Matthew Boehm mboehm at cytelcom.com
Mon Aug 23 09:31:52 MST 2004

I have recently found out that * is very strict about dialing out. If a
number isn't listed in extensions.conf, good luck trying to dial it. I had
to put in a line for each of our area codes with XXX's before I could dial
local numbers. Anyway..now that I 'can' dial them, as soon as the other
party picks up the phone I get a busy signal on my end.

Also..just tried an IpPhone to IpPhone call. Works fine. However, when the
other person hung up, I (on the swissvoice) got that busy signal again until
I hung up.

Any ideas on that busy signal plague?

Thanks,
Matthew