[Asterisk-Users] asterisk T100P to Merlin Legend

Steven Sokol ssokol at sokol-associates.com
Mon Aug 23 07:06:18 MST 2004

Spectro,

I have a T100P connected to my Merlin Magix and it works like a champ.  I am
using an older T1 card (one pulled from a Merlin Legend) without any
problems.  The card is a "100D 1 T1 Trunk" blade.

I have my system configured as a PRI (23B+D).  The T100P is configured to
signal with pri_net and to provide timing.  I used the 5ESS protocol, but I
suppose any of the PRI variants supported by both devices would work.

I do not have (or need) any CSU/DSU equipment in between the two devices.  I
simply built a crossover T1 cable (warning - not the same as an Ethernet
cross-over cable) and connected the two devices.  The card and the switch
synched up and worked immediately.

The hardest part was programming the ARS table to properly make use of the
connection.

As for the insertion of the new card -- I had to do a "board renumber" and
it did mess with the dial plan on the switch a bit.  Stations did not
change, but the trunk numbering did.  (This may be specific to my
installation -- Magix/Legend are a field unto themselves.)

Good luck with the install.  My number is below if you have additional
questions.

Thanks,

Steve

Steven Sokol