[Asterisk-Users] determining what number was dialed?

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Sun Aug 22 20:12:24 MST 2004

On Sat, 2004-08-21 at 16:37, Paul Concepcion wrote:
> well, that's our setup (8 analog lines -> channel bank -> t100P), so
> it looks like DNIS is out of the question. We do have 8 phone numbers
> though. Could we have a 1-800 number direct to each of those, then do
> what you suggested with contexts? What would happen if two people
> dialed 1-800-a if 1-800-a was pointed to just one phone number?

Depends on hunt groups and such. If you have rollover/hunt groups,
pointing a 1800 to a number is not very useful for getting DID or DNIS
functionality.

The different context solution was based on the idea of making each
incoming analog line have it's own logical seperation in the dialplan.
The trouble is, as you roll from one busy line to the next, there is no
information about what group the person dialed into. If you where to
split your hunt group into 2 - 4 line groups without talking to the
telco, you could fill group 1 up and then be rolling into group b. Same
works the other way with wrap around hunting.

If you don't have hunt group functionality, and you point a 1800 number
to a analog line, then the second phone call will hit a busy signal.