[Asterisk-Users] False Hangups on Asterisk

Vassilis Konstantinou vassilis_konstantinou at btinternet.com
Thu Aug 19 23:54:58 MST 2004

I have the same problem. My setup is:

Suse 8.0 with 2 single FXO cards with 2 lines coming in and 1 ATA186
providing the connection to two analogue phones.

What I get is an almost random hung up during calls (both incoming and
dialed). Sometimes tha call can last for 30 minutes without any problems
sometimes 1min. In all cases the phone switches to the busy tone and the
caller hears nothing, The line does not hang-up though.

I tried various tests trying to pin down the problem but I was unsuccessful
so far. My latest theory was that this may happen when the ATA re-registers
with Asterisk but as you dont have any ATAs it seems that my theory is
wrong :-(

Does anybody else have similar problems or knows a procedure to try in
order to identify the source of the problem?

Vassilis