[Asterisk-Users] Where to purchase ISDN (BRI) cards in Australia (preferably)

Thu Aug 19 21:42:13 MST 2004

On Fri, 2004-08-20 at 14:21, Shaun Ewing wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I was wondering if anybody knows where one might obtain a PCI ISDN
> card supporting a single BRI for use with Asterisk in Australia (and
> using something like chan_capi).

www.atp.org.au have been nothing but helpful and knowledgeable regarding
asterisk for me.

> Because of the Isdn4Linux DTMF issue, I don't want one of those cards.
> I've already spent too much time messing about with my current card.

Yeah, I have about 4 of the traverse netjet cards sitting on a shelf

> I'm after something like the AVM Fritz! cards. I found one place that
> sells them, but when comparing to the prices they're available for
> overseas the pricing seemed a bit high.

Consider that the importer had to pay for the austel approval.... Yes,
they are more expensive, but $10k fine plus 3months in prison is
probably less appealing....

> Other than that - if anybody has any recommendations for reasonably
> priced cards, I'm open to suggestions.
>
> If it's not possible - does anybody have any recommendations for
> retailers overseas? Some searching has found retailers in Germany with
> the information in German, but as I've only just started learning
> German I wouldn't be too comfortable constructing a query/etc.

Even though it is an identical card etc, if it doesn't have the little
austel sticker, then it is illegal to connect it to the PSTN... Of
course, you probably will never have a problem, but if you are
re-selling this to someone else, you have even bigger fines. If this is
for personal use, well, it is up to you.

Regards,
Adam