[Asterisk-Users] Color in console [SOLVED]

Dan Mahoney, System Admin danm at prime.gushi.org
Wed Aug 18 14:26:51 MST 2004

On Wed, 4 Aug 2004, Steven Critchfield wrote:

Asterisk apparently decides whether or not to display color to users based
on the TERM variable under which asterisk was launched, not under which
it's being connected to, so if you start it under "screen", but later
connect from "linux" you won't see colors.

The fact that the lines in term.c don't consider "screen" to be
vt100-compatible is an interesting thing that I don't consider a bug but
merely an oversight.

-Dan Mahoney

> On Wed, 2004-08-04 at 17:56, Dan Mahoney, System Admin wrote:
>> Hey all.  I have a color-capable console (color ls works, and I can run
>> any color-smart program like naim and bitchX), but for some reason the
>> color in the console for asterisk, whether started with -c or
>> safe_asterisk, isn't working for me.
>>
>> Any ideas as to why?
>
> check your TERM variable. I've seen apps just not like certain term
> values.
> --
> Steven Critchfield <critch at basesys.com>

"Of course she's gonna be upset!  You're dealing with a woman here Dan,
what the hell's wrong with you?"

-S. Kennedy, 11/11/01