[Asterisk-Users] Color in console

Kevin Walsh kevin at cursor.biz
Thu Aug 5 01:07:51 MST 2004

Dan Mahoney, System Admin [danm at prime.gushi.org] wrote:
> Hey all.  I have a color-capable console (color ls works, and I can run
> any color-smart program like naim and bitchX), but for some reason the
> color in the console for asterisk, whether started with -c or
> safe_asterisk, isn't working for me.

I don't have naim or bitchX here, but I suspect that they use terminfo,
rather than the legacy termcap system.  If I'm right about those two
applications then you can't the results with what you see from Asterisk.

I always switch colour support off anyway, using the "-n" switch, if
I need to start Asterisk manually to test something.  I generally
connect to a running Asterisk in remote mode, and don't get colours in
that mode.  If it's a bug then it's not one that bothers me in the
slightest. :-)

 _/ _/    _/          _/ _/     _/    _/  _/_/    kevin at cursor.biz