[Asterisk-Users] service zaptel start

Christopher L. Wade clwade at sparco.com
Wed Aug 18 13:29:27 MST 2004

Hi all,

Anybody had problems with 'service zaptel start' on Fedora Core 2?
Works just fine on RedHat 9.  On FC2, after executing 'service zaptel
start', the modprobe zaptel line from zaptel init script executes just
fine, but the later insmod line that loads the remaining modules one at
a time fails.  This failure is totally silent, ie no warnings are
printed to any screen/log/etc...  Finally, the ztcfg line fails, because
the necessary modules were not loaded via insmod.

By changing the insmod line to modprobe, as per an old post to
asterisk-users, 'service zaptel start' works as expected, except I now
have several 'unnecessary' modules loaded.

This isn't a real problem, but it is annoying and I was really just
wondering what everybody else's experience with this was.

Thanks,
Chris

PS. Fresh FC2 install, ALL updates applied.