[Asterisk-Users] OT: New $89 VOIP phone

Robert Hajime Lanning lanning+asterisk at monsoonwind.com
Wed Aug 18 11:41:37 MST 2004

That should work on a 100% full duplex switched network.

With good enough quality cable, the atinuation should be ok.
(no need for amplifiers)

The 300 foot limit was more about issues with late collisions.

In environments that you have collisions (half duplex), first bit
transmitted must reach the last machine in the broadcast domain,
before the last bit is tranmitted by the sending station.  If this
is not met, the transmitting station would not be able to detect
a collision, between the time the last bit is transmited and the
last station starts receiving.  The only way to extend the length,
in this senerio, is to either implement store and forward
switches/bridges that can retransmit the packet on behalf of the
sending station,placed every 300ft, or increase the minimum packet
size on the network.

<quote who="Marcelo Pacheco">

--
END OF LINE