[Asterisk-Users] MeetMe

Darryl Ross darryl at oeg.com.au
Tue Aug 17 17:35:38 MST 2004

Hi Mitul,

> I have just started using * and have been trying to set up MeetMe. So far I
> have not been able to start a conference. When I dial the conference
> extension (I am using X-Lite softphone), the call hangs up. I am not using
> Zaptel cards so I uncommented the ztdummy in the Zaptel Makefile. My
> configuration is as follows:

I've only just looked at getting MeetMe going this week myself, so it's
fresh in my memory :)

You said you uncommented the ztdummy modules in the zaptel Makefile. Did
you then compile the zaptel stuff, install it and configure it as per
the directions at http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+timer+ztdummy ?

My config, which worked fine, looks like:

--> /etc/asterisk/meetme.conf
conf => 100

--> /etc/asterisk/extensions.conf
exten => 3000015,1,Wait(1)
exten => 3000015,2,MeetMe(100|Ms)

The 'M' option provides music on hold to the first user who enters the
conference and the 's' option gives the user the ability to enter a
config menu, so they can mute and unmute the audio they are sending.

One thing I haven't really been able to find out is how the
/etc/zaptel.conf and /etc/asterisk/zapata.conf is meant to be configured
for ztdummy. I just left them at the default files.

Hope that helps.

Regards
Darryl

--

Darryl Ross
Senior Network Engineer
Email: darryl at oeg.com.au
Phone: 08 81228363
Office: 08 81226361

If you want to live up to the whole "There is more than one way to
     do it" slogan, you have to give someone a swiss army chainsaw ...