[Asterisk-Users] Formatting in sip.conf...can you have 2 @ signs for register?

Chris A. Icide chris at netgeeks.net
Mon Aug 16 22:25:26 MST 2004

On 07:12 PM 8/16/2004, John Todd wrote:
 ><grrrr>  stupid top-posting confuses the hell out of these threads,
 >but I'll continue the insanity.
 >
 >I _swear_ I already brought this problem up and it got resolved, like
 >1.5 years ago.  I explicitly remember talking with kram about a
 >right-to-left parsing trick he implemented to solve this exact
 >problem.  I don't feel like digging through my 3 gigs of mail to find
 >it, but I _know_ we hit this a while ago, or something very similar.
 >Why it's broken now, I haven't the slightest idea...
 >
 >JT

Actually, someone (I would if I had any coding skill whatsoever) needs to
take the incentive to change the register format from

register => blah:blah at blah.....

to something like this

[sip-provider-a]
type=peer
host=12.23.34.45
disallow=all
allow=g729
allow=ulaw
nat=yes
username=john at doe.com
secret=password
register=yes

This would seem to fix all the issues that keep popping up with the single
line register format as it exists now.

I haven't checked Olle's latest chan_sip rebuild, but by god, I hope
something like this is in it.

-Chris