[Asterisk-Users] dialing out and ringing issue

Greg Hill gregh-asterisk at hillnet.us
Mon Aug 16 08:46:00 MST 2004

On Mon, 16 Aug 2004, Info wrote:

> Hoping someone might know how to resolve this (probably an easy one). I
> have one Asterisk PBX with a single NIC and an FXO card with PSTN line
> attached, and one IP phone (Budge Tone 100) on the LAN. Via the phone I
> get no dial tone, and dialing 9, <number> doesn't allow me to dial out.
> I also need the phone to ring when the asterisk PBX is called. I have
> modestly tweaked the sample configs to get this far.
>
>  I can check and retrieve and delete voicemail via the phone however.
> Any ideas?

from the asterisk CLI, run "sip debug on" and then place your calls (both
the call to voicemail and the other call). This shows you what asterisk is
actually receiving and should help to track down the problem. For example,
you'll notice whether the phone is sending anything at all to asterisk,
and if it is, then you'll see what it sends. This will help you get a
better idea of what fixes you need in order to get the phone a working sip
account, registration, extension configs, etc.

Greg